Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Is it true what they say?? Does bad news come in 3's?

I don't know why, but I've always heard people say bad things come in three's. Maybe it's silly.. but the other night I got three calls right after another of bad news. I could really use some prayer for these 3 situations. In order of the calls:

1. My sister-in-law, Diane, called to say she lost her job she'd been working at for 12 years. She was a nurse's aide at a nursing home and there was some kind of mis-understanding from what she said that they accused her of insubordination and left her go. Please pray the Lord will use this situation to draw her to him.

2. Big Guy called next and told me he would be, once again, working till 2 a.m. Overtime. Overtime sounds great, however, poor Big Guy has been working every night at least 2 hours and many nights 4 hours over. He's been working the past 4 Saturdays and hasn't had much of a chance to catch up on his rest, much less to spend time with little guy and myself. As many of you know, Big Guy works 2nd shift so he can take care of little guy during the day while I'm at work and so we only have the weekends to spend together. He's so overwhelmed he's mentioned looking for another job. Please pray for strength for him and for discernment as to what to do about his job.

3. Last, but not least, my sister, Kathy called. She's been having some issues with the family. Recently she had a problem with my parents. I'm very close with my parents and I believe that my siblings resent that at times. Please pray for Kathy as well as my parents as they attempt to reconcile. Pray against any bitterness and miscommunication. This seems to be a re-occuring issue.

I know God is in control of all of these situations.. I pray he will use these situations with my sister and my sister-in-law to draw them to him.

Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Absolutely will pray for these needs.

Miss you!

Unknown said...

I will pray and I so appreciate hearing your voice on Fridays. It is still not the same as having you here with me on Fridays but it is the next best thing.
Love to you and your family!