Friday, September 14, 2007

Horray.. he did it!!


We've hit a new milestone for lil guy! About two weeks ago he started crawling, slowly at first and fussing the whole time, but he was crawling! Now he's picking up speed and pulling himself up at furniture and chairs. I'm so proud of him. He's 9 months now and doing great. He was just at the doctor today and he's now 31 and 1/4 inches tall and 21 pounds. He loves trying new finger foods.. anything I'm eating is fair game to him.. He actually really likes peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, and of course cheerios.. oh and his little puffs!

As well as his new skills of crawling and standing up, I have to indulge in a story of his other new skill. lil guy actually called 911 the other week and had the cops at our door one morning. Silly us, we left him play with the phone (he loves the phone!) and he somehow dialed 911 and when the operator heard a baby crying, or fussing.. she sent the local cops to check on things. Well, Big guy was caught of guard and finally figured out what happened. Needless to say, we no longer let him play with the phone or our cell phones.. And yes, he does have some play phones, but to him they don't hold a candle to the real thing.. :)

4 comments:

Plain and Simple said...

He is getting SOOOO big!!!! I miss you guys. We have to try to get together soon!

That is too funny about the 911 call. Luckly my kids never have done anything like that.

We are praying for your family situations. I know what it is like to work and have your husband nome to watch the children and then when you come home, he goes to work. my DSH and I did that for 6 months after Shadow was born. Then I just couldn't take it anymore and had to quit. We difinately cna relate to not seeing each other though.

At church this morning, I kept getting the phrase "He is who He says He is" meaning, Jesus is our provider, our lover, our counselor. He will not leave us alone. He knows what we are struggling with and he will be faithful through it all.

Love & Miss you.
PS. The kids say that your replacement doesn't have as good of candy as you used to!

Mama Keller said...

Hey Friend (P&S),

So good to hear from you. Please call me sometime.. you can get my number from Miss Manda if our DSH doesn't have it.. I'd love to get together.. Thanks for the prayers and your words of wisdom and encouragement. I appreciate it.. LOL about the candy.. your kids know candy.. Miss You guys too!!

Unknown said...

YAY Lil Guy! You ROCK! And so do you Audit Mama!

Love you!

Kelli said...

:) What a great picture of Lil' Guy! He's just so cute! (Good thing for him after that 911 call.)