Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Answered Prayer

God is so good! I wanted to share some recent miracles where God just really answered my prayers and has done a real work in me.

A few weeks ago my right knee began to really bother me, it felt swollen and stiff, but didn't look swollen. It was almost as if it felt like it was full of fluid and very uncomfortable.. not overly painful, but well, you get the picture. I was thinking it might be arthritis. I had some people pray with me at my church and I kept praying and hoping that I'd wake up the next day and it would be back to normal. A few days later, while still dealing with this problem, we had an All-Staff meeting at work and my Manda prayed for me for my knee as well as other stuff, of course, and after that it felt better, and every day after that it felt better and better till it was back to normal! Praise God!!

Writing about that miracle, reminded me of an even bigger miracle that I just have to share. So, here it is.. Big guy and I were married for several years and I had been in school a lot of that time.. I was getting close to finishing school, so we decided to start trying for a baby. We prayed it would be God's timing, but also I was getting close to 29 and knew I really wanted to have our first child before I was 30! I know... drama.. ugh.. 30!! Anyway, I kept praying and month after month, nothing happened. At times it was stressful, I took way too many pregnancy tests and had, in my mind, all but given up. I was approaching my 30th birthday and I started praying, OK God, I know I can't have my baby by my 30th birthday, but couldn't I ATLEAST be pregnant for my 30th birthday!! I guess I didn't think it was too much to ask.. So my 30th birthday came and that night we were at dinner and I said to Big guy, I guess it didn't come true.. I was sad.. but Big guy reassured me and comforted me. Less than one month after my birthday I took a test after being "late" for a week, and found out we were expecting!! I cried and said "Praise you Lord!" I was so overwhelmed! Big guy was overwhelmed with excitement! We went to the doctor and he said that my date of conception was 3 days prior to my 30th birthday! Yeah God!! I was so amazed that he cared so much about me, and about my, seemingly insignificant, wishes because I was paranoid about becoming 30!



Okay, one more quick story. After having lil guy, I started praying that God would open a door for me to find a job closer to home. To the dismay of my CCC coworkers, he answered that prayer and I start my new job August 6th. Please pray for me as I transition. Although I am excited about spending more time with my family, I know I will miss my CCC friends terribly!

Praise God for answered prayer! Amen!







4 comments:

Kelli said...

Will be parying for you for peace on Monday! Have a wonderful time. Loved reading about how God has been faithful to you and Big Guy.

Mrs. C said...

One of my favorite things about answered prayer is that it increases our faith! Thank you so much for sharing!

Emily said...

Thank you for this post. I love to hear testimonies!

Krazy Klingers said...

I didn't want God to answer that last one but He did so now I am lonely here without you friend! Kidding aside I am so glad you get to spend more time with Kev and Connor! I can't wait to hear all about your fun and exciting new job. Love you!