Friday, April 18, 2008

16 MONTHS AND FINALLY WALKING!!


Okay, for all you fans and friends who have missed me blogging... Sorry! I've been a little busy and anxiously awaiting this time when I could blog about him walking on his own. Believe it or not he took his first walk on his own outside our house from our car to the mailbox and back. We live in a townhouse development so that's pretty far. He's been loving being outside since the weather has improved so much and allowed us to get him outdoors. He loves watching the kids play and walking around the neighborhood. If you can't tell from the picture his hair has become quite curly, it's adorable and I struggle with whether to cut it or not. Although the back is so curly it's a little Albert Einsteinish.. But still cute.. I'm so very proud of him and now the fun of corraling him to where he can go safely begins.. :) He's such an explorer.. he loves checking things out and figuring out how to take it apart.. That's my little guy!! :) Big guy and I are enjoying this time watching him grow and realizing how far he's come. All I can say is Wow!

As for us as a family, we are doing well. Big Guy is still on second shift.. still awaiting an opportunity for first shift, but we're waiting patiently on God's timing for that. We miss each other during the week, but now that tax season is over, I am back to being able to go home at lunch time when I'm not at a client, which is wonderful.. I get to see both Big and Little guy for my hour and spend some time chatting with Big Guy. I'm looking forward to the possibility of working less hours over the summer, but please pray that I'll have favor with my work and that they'll allow me to alter my schedule.
We are planning little vacations this year.. we're taking Little Guy on his first camping trip this summer in August. I can't wait.. Okay, not your typical camping maybe, but we love it.. we're renting a cabin, with a bathroom mind you, and air conditioning.. and the campground has a fantastic pool with a water slide.. as well as amusement park rides.. but to us it's camping.. :)

I can't wait to hear from all my bloggy friends.. I promise to keep this more updated now that I'll have a little more time. :)
God Bless you all!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like my kind of camping! Oh it's so good to hear from you and to see little guy. We missed you!

Krazy Klingers said...

Little guy needs a haircut... he looks like a hippy...JK

Oh and how far from your home is this "campsite"? If it's less than an hour, you are going to have to find a spot farther away! hahaha

I miss you girl!

@pril G said...

Thanks for the blog update on your family! I missed hearing any news about Dinkster, though. We had to take our puppy to the vet recently, all is well and I will update you when we meet for lunch. You're the best, girlfriend!